Modification of Child Custody in New York

Long Island Child Custody Attorney

The New York family law attorneys at Friedman & Friedman, Attorneys at Law are dedicated to representing clients in issues involving child custody and the modification of child custody. These matters can be complex, and parents want to ensure that the modifications benefit them and their child. By working with a skilled attorney as soon as possible, you can ensure that you are not taken advantage of and that your child has the best chance of a bright future.

It is a common occurrence that the living situation or job situation of one or both parents will change, or that the specific needs of a child will change. Along with this, it is possible to modify child custody or child support and visitation as well. The original divorce or separation agreement was created under particular circumstances, and when these change so should the agreement.

Child Custody Modification in New York

What if your ex-spouse has custody of your children, but has remarried and or is in a new relationship and the living environment is no longer safe for your children? What if your ex-spouse has developed a drug or alcohol problem? What if you or your spouse wants to move to a different state? All of these matters may require the need of a modification of child custody, and you will need an attorney to help you carry this out effectively and efficiently – and in a manner that is best for your child or children.

Family Law Firm Serving Long Island, New York

It is essential to ensure that your position is presented effectively in court. At Friedman & Friedman, Attorneys at Law, our attorneys are committed to providing professional representation and quality results at a reasonable price. We handle child custody modification cases throughout Nassau County, Queens County, Suffolk and Westchester County, New York and represent mothers, fathers and even grandparents in child custody matters.

Contact a New York child custody lawyer today to discuss your modification of child custody issue.