Long Island Divorce Attorney
Call Today! 516.688.0088
Experienced Family Lawyers

Modification of Visitation in New York

Get Counsel from an Attorney – Call (516) 688-0088

It may be necessary at some point that you modify the terms of your visitation agreement. Fortunately, our New York child custody attorneys are experienced in helping clients with the modification of visitation rights and schedules. Whether you are the custodial or non-custodial parent, you will need legal representation in order to ensure that your interests are represented in court and that you reach a conclusion that is best for you and your child.

At Friedman & Friedman PLLC, Attorneys at Law, our attorneys are committed to representing families throughout Long Island in regards to the many legal issues that may arise following a divorce or legal separation, including visitation, child support, child custody and the modification of child support or child custody.

When Can You Modify a Visitation Order?

Family courts in New York allow for the modification of visitation agreements because it is inevitable that something will change in regards to a parent’s living situation or financial circumstances, or that the child’s needs or preference will change. Your visitation schedule may be altered to fit your new living situation, visitation may be revoked if this is in the best interest of the child, or additional visitation may be awarded. If visitation is currently not allowed for the non-custodial parent, an attorney can help that parent seek and obtain visitation rights in the first place. Contact Friedman & Friedman PLLC, Attorneys at Law today to learn more.

Learn More from Our Family Lawyers in NY

At our New York family law firm, we are committed to helping visitation agreements work for all parties involved. Our lawyers can help you if your ex-spouse is withholding your visitation rights, if you would like to withdraw your ex-spouse’s visitation rights, if you need to modify your visitation schedule or if you or your spouse is planning on moving to another state. All of these matters are best handled by an experienced lawyer who can work to protect your interests and make sure that the resolution which is arrived at will work for you.

Contact us at (516) 688-0088 today for a consultation.

Let Us Provide the Compassionate Care You Deserve.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.